Mr. Bashir has been working as a commercial and corporate lawyer since 2000. In his career he has represented major corporate bodies (like Warid Telecom, Jazz, WAPDA, NEPRA, State Life Insurance), telecom companies, financial institutions, commercial and corporate entities and apex regulatory bodies before the courts and tribunals. Apart from being an experienced litigator Mr. Bashir is also experienced in handling mergers, acquisitions, drafting, vetting and negotiating contracts and other transactional work. Mr. Bashir has been a part of multi-million dollar transactions in Africa, South Asia and the Middle East.
Mr. Bashir has academic interests in intellectual property law and information technology law. He has a master degree (Legum Magister) with Magna Cum Laude in the two subjects from Hannover (Germany) and London (the United Kingdom). He has participated in various international conferences and workshops in Pakistan, Qatar, the Netherlands and Sri Lanka and has presented papers on intellectual property law and e-commerce. He has played a key role in drafting Pakistan’s first E-commerce Policy Framework which was approved by the Federal Cabinet in October 2019. Mr Bashir’s publications include the following:
- Bashir, A, 2018, Pakistan’s readiness for e-commerce , Confederation of Indian Industries, New Delhi, India [this paper was presented at a workshop organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries (New Delhi, India), Fredrich Naumann Stiftung and SAARC Chamber of Commerce and Industry. It will be published in the first quarter of 2019 by CII].
- Bashir, A, 2013, Intellectual Property in Pakistan, book project sponsored by Fredrich Naumann Stiftung, Islamabad, Pakistan - Bashir, A, 2012, Re-visioning International Law on Intellectual Property: Towards a joint East-West perspective, Co-existing in a Globalized World: Key Themes in Inter-Professional Ethics, Lexington Books, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers Inc., US
- Bashir, A, 2014, Non-adherence to international IP protection standards in Less Developed Countries: The Case of Pakistan, Deconstructing Global Citizenship: Political, Cultural and Ethical Perspectives, Lexington Books, Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, Inc., US
- Member Lahore High Court Bar Association, Lahore, Pakistan
- Member Islamabad High Court Bar Association, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Member Society for Legal Scholars, UK
- Member European Legal Informatics Study Programme Alumni Association, Germany
Mr. Bashir has taught law at graduate level (LL.B) in Lahore and Islamabad. He is an advocacy trainer accredited by the Bar Council of England & Wales, UK. On a regular basis he renders consultancy services to the Asian Development Bank. At present he is also serving on the Board of Advisors of Policy Research Institute of Market Economy (PRIME) which is an independent Islamabad based think tank.
Advocate High Court
LL.B (Punjab University)
Mr Farooqui has work experience of over 3 years. He has exceptional expertise in conducting civil and criminal litigation at trial and appellate stages. His core area of work is litigation in civil, labour, family and criminal matters.
Advocate High Court
LL.B. (Peshawar), Sharia’h and Law Course (Islamabad)
M.A. Political Science (Peshawar)
Mr. Shah has work experience of over eight years. He has exceptional expertise in conducting civil and criminal litigation at trial and appellate stages. In addition, Mr. Shah has vast experience in representing clients before administrative courts and regulatory bodies. His areas of expertise are in civil, labour, banking, corporate, family and criminal matters.
B.A LL.B.(Hons)(IIU, Islamabad)
Mr. Jehanzeb’s major areas of interest include commercial and corporate matters.
Masters in Development Economics (SOAS, London, UK).
LL.B. (Bahauddin Zakriya University, Multan, Pakistan
B.A (Forman Christian College, Lahore, Pakistan)
Mr. Sajjad has recently completed his first degree in law.